West Point Department of Public Health
West Point Public Health has been temporarily relocated to Building 684 (684 Eichelberger Road, West Point, N.Y.)
*****CLICK HERE to go to the COVID-19 Vaccine Information page*****
West Point’s Dept. of Public Health enhances Army readiness by identifying and assessing current and emerging health threats, developing and communicating public health solutions, and assuring the quality and effectiveness of the Army's Public Health Enterprise.
These specific programs and services include:
Disease prevention and control
Field preventive medicine
Health surveillance and epidemiology
Soldier, family, community health, and health promotion
Preventive medicine toxicology
Preventive medicine laboratory services
Health risk assessment
Health risk communication
Lyme Disease in the Hudson Valley area
New York State currently has the highest number of confirmed cases of Lyme disease in the United States and the Hudson Valley is specifically considered a high-risk area.
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection spread through the bite of infected ticks. Tick exposure can occur year-round, but ticks are most active in the warmer months (April-September) and are much more prevalent following milder winter seasons.
CLICK HERE for information on Lyme Disease including how it’s spread, where it’s found, how it’s prevented, how it’s diagnosed, and how it’s treated.
When hiking, gardening, or any outdoor activity in high grass, you should take measures to protect yourself and always checks for ticks after being outdoors.
Please contact West Point Public Health at (845) 938-4479/5832/6398 if you have any questions or concerns.
CLOSED on the following dates due to federal designated holidays or by Executive Order of the President of the United States:
- Monday, October 9, 2023 (Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day)
- Friday, November 10, 2023 (Veterans’ Day – Observed)
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 (Thanksgiving)
- Monday, December 25, 2023 (Christmas Day)
- Monday, January 1, 2024 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, January 15, 2024 (Dr. Martin Luther King Day)
- Monday, February 19, 2024 (President’s Day)
- Monday, May 27, 2024 (Memorial Day)
- Wednesday, June 19, 2024 (Juneteenth)
- Thursday, July 4, 2024 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 2, 2024 (Labor Day)